We’re mainly looking for some more QCs, but we’re open to more timers and editors in that order.
Read the whole post before submitting any tests. Some of you still aren’t sending in everything.
QC – A QCer’s job is to look over every aspect of a release to make sure it’s error free. This includes noticing spelling, grammatical, timing, typesetting, and encoding errors.
Timer – In order to keep how much we have to teach to a minimum, all timers are expected to be familiar with the information in this guide. So long as you don’t create some abomination, this is fairly easy to pass.
Editor – Editors must have a strong grasp of the English language. The test is a pretty extreme case of how things can go, so if you can handle that you’re up for anything. You must edit everything, including any songs/typesets etc.
All applicants need to (in order):
0) Have a stable internet connection capable of 200KB/s+
1) Complete the test(s)
2) Email said test to WhyNot.email@example.com with the subject line “WhyNot? Test – *insertpositionhere*”
3) Include in the email your available times (and time zone in terms of UTC/GMT), results from speedtest.net and nick on irc.
4) Drop by the IRC channel #WhyNotfirstname.lastname@example.org and talk to AsuraE (just say you’ve applied for whatever position).
5) Just lurk in IRC. It’s our main communication platform and we’re not going to send emails out to every applicant we get.
Failure to do any of the above means that you fail the basic test of being able to follow simple instructions (and therefore fail altogether), so reread this after writing your email. Barely anybody gets this correct.